sabato 15 dicembre 2012

Christmas Wishlist!

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEghc26SAfUnrcGR1cTNy5vS3e2jPxlmhZBgZNGAEic_BXYafB-0gmKiY1MDfq_dNhce_9au7YAwEsoh2Bg4I95cXCtLPFQu89WPp2Ie3gGSohgCKy1CKIAt0JrH6TF82it-8OgIlnXg7S5e/s1600/kaylah-wishlist.jpg
Earlier this week I shared my tooth collection and the response was so much more amazing than I could have ever expected. There were so many kind, encouraging comments. I literally cannot thank you guys enough. I'm still so overwhelmed with happiness that so many of you into the strange things I am and even if you aren't that you still kindly tolerate it and leave sweet comments. It feels awesome to open up and share another side of myself. I feel so much more free.

Today I thought it would be fun to share my Christmas wishlist. There are some completely normal things on here and some that I probably wouldn't have shared in the past out of fear of judgement.
  1. 2. 3 a & b. 4. 5. 6. 7.

1 // I know I've mentioned that I'm in the very beginning stages of starting a really sweet insect collection. I'd really like to collect all of my own specimens but sadly my two favorite moths, attacus atlas and the death's head moth, aren't from around here. I found both on ebay dehydrated so even though I wouldn't personally be collecting them I would have to do the work to make them look pretty displayed. I've been itching to grab them both but wanted to wait until I was really comfortable with my pinning skills. A few moths later and I actually feel like I could do a great job on them, so I am ready now!

2 // I'm still crazy about this camera bag from Epiphanie. I like the one with the chevron the most (which is not pictured since it didn't have a nice clean white background like the bag shown does) but the plain one is still pretty darn cute!

3 // My new couch (I got this one, you can see a peek of it in my living room here) is absolutely perfect but it's got me daydreaming about other furniture that would look great in my living room. The matching chair to my couch is of course at the top of my furniture wishlist. I think it'd be neat to get it in another color instead of the same one that way my living room isn't too matchy matchy. And this credenza would look so great with my tv on it!

4 // After I got my first record player the very first vinyl I thought to buy was Smashing Pumpkins' Mellon Collie & the Infinite Sadness. But I quickly found that the original was rare and WAY more than I was willing to ever pay for a record (I found it a few places for around $999. No way!) But recently it was remastered (ugh!) and re-released on vinyl so it's actually affordable now. I have mixed feelings about Smashing Pumpkins these days due to the fact Billy Corgan is the only original member remaining, I really don't dig their new stuff, and the last time I saw them they kind of stunk but MCIS holds a really special place in my heart (and of course, so do the Smashing Pumpkins) Finally getting MCIS on vinyl is a necessity!

5 // Dental models, I need more for my collection! I found these beautiful ones on Einstein's Emporium, they're so pricey but gosh darn it, they'd look super pretty along side the rest of my collection. I can't even choose which one I like more!

6 // Another mildly strange interest of mine which I've never even shared on the blog before is victorian hair art. (A little background information can be found here if you're not sure what that is) I would absolutely LOVE a piece. It would be a dream come true to have a brooch, ring or even a locket. I shared a while back that I have my dad's braid from when he cut his hair, and I'd love to make something with it but it's just too perfect of a little braid.

7 // My love for medical models isn't as great as my love for teeth but I'm still pretty crazy about them. I currently don't own any but only because they are expensive! Maybe some day I'll luck out and find some for cheap but for now I have a feeling this one will remain on my wish list.

And those are a few of the things I'd like if I had a very, very rich Santa Claus! Haha! Despite decorating and trying to convince myself "Yes, it really is less than two weeks away" I still can't believe that Christmas is sneaking up so fast. Is it ever going to snow here?!
xoxo


via The Dainty Squid
http://daintysquid.blogspot.com/2012/12/christmas-wishlist.html
taghandcraftnews




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2225384

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento