giovedì 13 dicembre 2012

fall goal recap : press lots of leaves!

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjivtT5e3A0gYEsx9iwdEk2pufAwYXPX5gCAIegvKqkQFxEBTG4VwKhCTFucDK8zccelkHiUIWks-Ylyrsevg45Ytk-tMmVo8PXr2KDvC3RAWa3bCbDzJi7Py2XsfLqVOpTGp3tmb8PwmFA/s1600/IMG_7482+copy.jpg
Another one of fall's goals to cross off! I collected and pressed lots of pretty leaves this season. This isn't even half of them, these are just some of my favorites. My notebook I use to collect with was bursting at the seams each time I left the house and I had to leave so many others behind!
Laying them out like this is way more fun to me than I feel like it should be. Just seeing them arranged in some way is so satisfying. 

I recently (as in right after I took these pictures) started storing all my pressed plants in a tupperware container in hopes of them taking up less room while I wait to find a use for them all. Previously I kept them between layers of paper towels like they were still being dried but it was getting to be a pretty ridiculous stack. This is so much nicer, plus I love the way they all look together. I find myself peeking into the container quite often just to gaze at all the pretty colors.
I've been wanting to make a few big collages with all my leaves and things but first I want to gather some bigger plants. I've also been sending out pretty leaves and ferns taped down in letters. I like the idea of sending small special things like that in letters, I'd be just tickled pink to get some.

Hope you have a great Thursday! I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be a nice day today, well for mid-December. I'm excited to see the sun!
xoxo

PS. You can find my tips on pressing plants right here.


via The Dainty Squid
http://daintysquid.blogspot.com/2012/12/fall-goal-recap-press-lots-of-leaves.html
taghandcraftnews




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2225384

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento